[ale] SELinux & abrtd

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Fri Sep 17 14:37:20 EDT 2010

for that matter you can run windows but you wouldn't want to.

SELinux is a good thing. It should be used. When there are bugs they should
be reported. With a basic target policy it "JustWorks" 99+% of the time.
That other tiny fraction is not a show stopper 99.9+% of the time.

So a bit of policy tweaks (the gui tool in Fedora actually will tell you the
command to run to allow the blocked process) are a good thing to learn
about.

On Fri, Sep 17, 2010 at 2:18 PM, Jim Lynch <ale_nospam at fayettedigital.com>wrote:

> You can do what I always do and disable SELinux.
>
> Jim.
> On 09/17/2010 11:52 AM, Drifter wrote:
> >
> > got this message this morning:
> >
> > SELinux denied access requested by abrtd. It is not expected that this
> > access is required by abrtd and this access may signal an intrusion
> > attempt. It is also possible that the specific version or
> > configuration of the application is causing it to require additional
> > access.
> >
> > All I know about abrtd is what Google turned up:
> >
> > abrt is a tool to help users to detect defects in applications and
> >
> > to create a bug report with all informations needed by maintainer to fix
> it.
> > It uses plugin system to extend its functionality.
> > So I think my question is
> > How do I get SELinux to let the program do its thing?
> > Or should I just not give a damn?
> > Sean

James P. Kinney III
I would rather stumble along in freedom than walk effortlessly in chains.