[ale] Dropbox opinions wanted

Chris Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Wed Sep 15 12:11:30 EDT 2010

I have found something else that I sure is exactly what I think it is.

As I said, I store PDFs on DB.  Many of them are manuals.  Sometimes
when I download a manual to ~/Downloads then copy it to
~/Dropbox/<directory>  I see the icon sync but only for a second.

Some manuals can be rather large so my thought is that they take a MD5
sum of the manual and look in their database for something that matches.
If it does then they simply copy the match to my account instead of
uploading what I placed in my Dropbox directory.