[ale] Fwd: LUG at GT Meeting - 2010.09.15 - Music Tagging

Ryan Curtin ryan at igglybob.com
Tue Sep 14 22:56:16 EDT 2010

On Tue, Sep 14, 2010 at 08:37:32PM -0400, Aaron Ruscetta wrote:
> This is apparently happening WEDNESDAY night,
> though the body info says Sept. 14th and doesn't note
> the day of the week. I know because I just wasted an
> hour and a half finding that out. A little bit my bad since
> I should have noticed the date in the subject line didn't
> jive with the date in the notice.
>
> The topic was actually of enough interest that it would
> make me want to breach the anti-human Nazi gestapo
> security nightmare that our publicly funded college
> campuses have become.  It's not enough to make me
> want to do it twice, though, so have fun if you breach
> the walls tomorrow.
>
> The real costs of allowing the gluttony of the wealthy
> to create the cancer of poverty in human society are
> beyond all calculation.

I apologize for botching the date there, and I'll be sure to include the
day of the week in the future.  I don't know quite how I messed it up,
but it most likely had to do with lack of sleep and/or improper addition
skills.

As for the anti-human Nazi gestapo security nightmare that our college
campuses have become, I'm not quite sure where you got that from.  Yes,
the campus is full of campus cops but they don't really get in anyone's
way (unless you're going 4mph over the speed limit, in which case they
call backup before they pull you over).  One needs to simply park in one
of the few (very few) public lots on campus, walk to the Klaus building,
and enjoy the presentation.  It shouldn't be that much hassle, more than
the $1.50/hr parking tax.  In fact, if you even see a cop, they're more
likely to be doodling around on their in-car laptops than actually
heckling non-Tech students or stopping crime.

If the actual process of getting to the LUG at GT meetings and where we
meet is unclear... somebody speak up please.  Without any real feedback
from non-students (and non-alumni) or people who are unfamiliar with the
campus, it's hard to know if our directions are actually helpful or just
confusing.

--
Ryan Curtin       | "And they say there is no fate, but there is: it's
ryan at igglybob.com | what you create." - Minister