[ale] OT: Guess What, You Don’t Own That Software You Bought | Threat Level | Wired.com

Richard Faulkner rfaulkner at 34thprs.org
Fri Sep 10 18:43:02 EDT 2010

[insert "March of the Stormtroopers" theme...]

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think that test-prep companies have been
following this for a while.  Once you buy their product you cannot
resell the product in the future.  It goes to the trash or shelf-ware.

Does anyone else around here feel like you're falling into the event
horizon of a singularity?