[ale] speaker out to mic in with recordmyesktop, will the loop work

Narahari 'n' Savitha savithari at gmail.com
Mon Sep 6 20:15:13 EDT 2010

Friends:

I am trying something for which I need input or alternatives.

I want to run the recordmydesktop program to record a portion of my screen.
The video works great.

For the audio, on my laptop the speaker out is putting out sound which my
mic-in of the laptop takes in and thereby the audio works.

Now I am moving all this setup to my desktop running in my basement.

For this setup I can't have the mic-in pick up the speaker output due to
> distance between speaker and mic.

Here is what I have thought of.

Connect the speaker-out to the mic-in thru a wire from Radio Shack.  Not
sure if this causes a loop and hence issues.

I can definetly try, not sure what kind of cable I should  buy ?

Any alternatives or solutions would be great.

-Narahari