[ale] Ubuntu for Education - want to help?

Sergio Chaves sergio.chaves at gmail.com
Mon Sep 6 11:36:13 EDT 2010

Hi "Alers",

I got involved with the folks at World Computer Exchange -
http://www.worldcomputerexchange.org , which provides recycled PCs to
communities in the US and around the world, all in a volunteer basis.

As I understand, there is 01 volunteer here in Atlanta. They would like to
create a Chapter here in Atlanta to help expand their Volunteer base.
I am pasting below a snippet of the communication sent to me. If interested,
please contact me off-list.

<snippet>
...We do not currently have a chapter in Georgia.  If you are interested in
starting a chapter, the first step is to find free or inexpensive storage
for computer equipment, with easy access for drop offs and access to
electricity so that volunteers can test the equipment and load Ubuntu.
...We have one volunteer in Atlanta who would be willing to help.  Let me know
if you think you would like to take this on.
Otherwise, there may be some ways that you could help us online.  We need
some help developing Drupal templates for different pages of our new
website, and then we need some help entering data in the templates.
  I am also looking for help finding places to post for volunteers for our
eCorps trips.  We need more volunteers for our trip to Nepal leaving on Oct
8, so if you are interested in helping find places to post this, please let
me know ASAP.
</snippet>

Thanks

Sergio