[ale] Greetings Linux Enthusiasts (new to the area)

John Mills johnmills at speakeasy.net
Sat Sep 4 08:37:45 EDT 2010

Hi Derek -

Well, as my father used to say: "In volunteer work, promotion comes fast."

I'm one of those who benefitted from your posts on the GnuCash lists,
including directly on one occasion when an upgrade/bootstrap got wedged.
Thanks for your work there.

Over the years ALE has been my "go to" resource for a lot of On/OffTopic
questions. If MsWin had such resources it would be much better for the
users. Likewise Apple. (I did find an excellent Apple group once but
dropped when they went to paid subscriptions. )-8#

Welcome to Atlanta and ALE. I hope both will be good spots for you.

  - Mills