[ale] It's Not Too Late to Register for LISA '10

Lionel Garth Jones lgj at usenix.org
Thu Oct 28 17:14:31 EDT 2010

There's still time! Join us in San Jose, CA, November 7-12, 2010, for
the
24th Large Installation System Administration Conference (LISA '10).
http://www.usenix.org/lisa10/progc

LISA '10 is shaping up to be one of the best yet. The program includes:

-- Training:
Don't miss out on the in-depth training by experts such as Mark Burgess
on Cfengine and David N. Blank-Edelman on Over the Edge System
Administration. We're again offering series of classes focusing on some
of the most important topics you'll encounter, including the
Virtualization Series, the Linux Security and Administration Series,
and the SuperSysadmin Series. Plus, we've just added a new SANS
Security class.

Take anywhere from 1 half day to 6 full days of training and create the
curriculum that meets your needs. The full training program can be
found at

http://www.usenix.org/events/lisa10/training/

--Technical Program:
The comprehensive 3-day technical program includes a Keynote
Address by Tony Cass, CERN; invited talks on massive-scale reliability
at Facebook, Twitter infrastructure, and huge NFS at Dreamworks;
Refereed Paper presentations; Practice and Experience Reports;
Guru sessions; posters; and more. See

http://www.usenix.org/events/lisa10/tech

Plus:
* Find out who is hiring and explore the latest commercial innovations
at the Vendor Exhibition:
http://www.usenix.org/events/lisa10/exhibition.html

* Join your peers for 3 days of focused discussion at the workshops:
http://www.usenix.org/events/lisa10/workshops.html

* Get the latest in data storage technology and innovation at
Data Storage Day, sponsored by Cambridge Computer:
http://www.usenix.org/events/lisa10/dsdl10.html

* Benefit from opportunities for peer interaction, a.k.a. the "hallway
track."

* Additional discounts are available!
-- Registration: http://www.usenix.org/events/lisa10/discounts.html
-- Airfare and hotel: http://www.usenix.org/events/lisa10/hotel.html

* New to LISA? Tips for registering for LISA '10 can be found at
http://everythingsysadmin.com/2010/10/how-to-register-for-lisa.html

* Connect with other attendees and help spread the word!
-- Banners and buttons: http://www.usenix.org/events/lisa10/promote.html
-- Facebook: http://www.usenix.org/events/lisa10/facebook
-- Twitter: http://twitter.com/LISAConference #LISA10

New! LISA '10 is on UStream. Join us as we sit down with prominent
sysadmins from around the community, including Matt Simmons, David N.
Blank-Edelman, and Tom Limoncelli. RSVP today:
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/usenix

For complete program information and to register, see
http://www.usenix.org/lisa10/progc

We're pleased to bring LISA to San Jose, CA, and we look forward to
seeing you there.

On behalf of the LISA '10 Program Committee,

Rudi van Drunen, Competa IT and Xlexit Technology, The Netherlands
LISA '10 Program Chair
lisa10chair at usenix.org