[ale] OT: Portable media players

Paul Cartwright ale at pcartwright.com
Thu Oct 21 12:51:53 EDT 2010

On Thu October 21 2010, Michael Trausch wrote:
> Pretty sure the HTC Dream (G1) phone does FLAC. It does Ogg for sure. You
> don't have to use it as a phone. Check out eBay.

my daughter has a Motorola Droid phone ( I think it is motorola..) and she was
showing me the mp3 player, through the speaker. She didn't even have a pair
of earbuds. I showed her my noise-cancelling headphones, and GAVE her a pair
of cheap earbuds.. according to the web page:
PLAYABLE FORMATS
AAC, H.263, H.264, MP3, MPEG-4, WAV, WMA, eAAC+, OGG, AMR WB, AMR NB, AAC+,
MIDI

I don't think she cares that the droid is linux.. she just loves the features.

--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800