[ale] OT: Portable media players

Paul Cartwright ale at pcartwright.com
Thu Oct 21 10:05:48 EDT 2010

On Thu October 21 2010, Scott Castaline wrote:
> > ALTEC LANSING AHP712i Noise-Canceling Headphones High-performance 40mm
> > neodymium drivers deliver wide freq resp&  bass; Wide-spectrum active
> > noise reduction; Ear-cup design; Adjustable deluxe padded headband&
> >  leatherette ear pads for comfort; Features foldable design for easy
> > packing, handy multi-function controller, carry bag with accessory pouch,
> > 2 choices of cable lengths as well as airline&  .25mm adapters;
> > Noise-Canceling Headphones
>
> Looks like a nice set, how do they feel? Can you wear them for long
> periods of time? Look like a decent set for home use as well as travel,
> little pricey and out of current budget, but potential wish list item or
> for future acquisition.

I got them for "business travel" when I was working.. When I was MUCH younger
I had a pair of Koss-Pro 4AA headphones, but I blew out the right channel..
I like the over-the-ear models personally, ear buds just seem uncomfortable &
do not block out ambient noise as well..
YMMV

--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800