[ale] OT: Portable media players

Scott Castaline skotchman at gmail.com
Wed Oct 20 23:02:15 EDT 2010

  On 10/20/2010 02:46 PM, mute wonder wrote:
> I love my tiny Sansa Clip+.  40-50$ for a 4GB, plays
> flac/mp3/ogg/wma/wav, with microSD(HC) expansion slot.  The Sansa Fuze
> has a larger, multi-color screen that can show jpegs, but it was about
> 60-80$.
>
> On Wed, Oct 20, 2010 at 4:46 AM, Paul Cartwright <ale at pcartwright.com
> <mailto:ale at pcartwright.com>> wrote:
>
>     On Wed October 20 2010, Thomas Holmquist wrote:
>     >   I know a Cowon D2 will do all of these things, not sure about the
>     > price though. I'd check Ebay for you if I wasn't so lazy.

Picked up a SanDisk Sansa Fuze+ 8GB from BestBuy this morning. Fully
charged battery and loaded some of my FLAC files onto it. Sounds pretty
good too. Still need some getting used to the touch pad and even though
it's a small display it is still readable and pictures look nice as
well, so now I can really bore everyone with pics of the grandkids. I
had 2 1GB micro SD cards so I quickly put them to use. I would like to
get a case for it, the one they had at BestBuy was over $30.00, so I
figure I'll keep looking. The only drawback is that in order to update
the software you need M$ Window$, otherwise it works fine with Linux.