[ale] Why LiveUSB instead of install was: Re: LiveUSB

William Fragakis william at fragakis.com
Thu Oct 14 09:38:24 EDT 2010

Having observed the progress of this project, what advantages are there
from creating a LiveUSB instead of doing an F13 install to the USB Flash
Drive?

Not knowing any better, several weeks ago, I installed F13 to a 4gb
flash drive from the F13 LiveCD which has since booted everything from a
PIII to Core Duo, Athlon X4 and Atom at various times in testing
systems, migrating/cloning systems, etc. While it worked fine for me and
seemed a rather easy thing to do, I've been known to do things the hard
way or for the wrong reasons as well as knowing that because something
worked once doesn't mean it's the best way.

Thanks,
William