[ale] ceph (a distributed fs), any interest in setting up a ALE test environment?

Greg Freemyer greg.freemyer at gmail.com
Tue Oct 12 18:57:11 EDT 2010

All,

I was just reading a little about ceph.  It's a _experimental_
distributed fs that is in the kernel since 2.6.34.

It's unclear to me if it is designed to use nodes that are distributed
across a wan.

Does anyone know?

If so, is there any interest in setting up a distributed test cluster?

I could standup a machine or two up at the office with a couple TB of
storage I suspect.  We have dual T1s worth of bandwidth that goes
unused most of the time, but I'd need to ensure production traffic got
preference to Ceph traffic.

Greg