[ale] mplayer, mencoder, ffmpeg, demux, mux and messing with my ogv file

Narahari 'n' Savitha savithari at gmail.com
Sat Oct 9 20:23:25 EDT 2010

Friends:

                I record with my recordmydesktop tool.  I get out.ogv file.
The audio in  ogv file is mono.  I want to replicate the left-channel to the
right.

                I was told that I should DEMUX the ogv file.  So I can sep
the video and audio.

        So far I have used mencoder to convert OGV to AVI file.

        I still dont know how to demux it aka, split audo and video sep.

        Not sure if I should use mplayer, mencoer or ffmpeg ?

        How do you use SOX to replicate the left-channel to the right ?  I
tried a few basic SOX  commands but no luck.

        Any help is appreciated.

-Narahari