[ale] SQL differences

Chris Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Thu Oct 7 11:20:22 EDT 2010

On Thu, 2010-10-07 at 11:03 -0400, James Sumners wrote:
> Agreed. Thanks for finding and posting this.
>
> Let me tell you, it is frustrating working with Oracle and MSSQL after
> having used MySQL for so long. So many easy things in MySQL (e.g. the
> LIMIT clause and the TIMESTAMP and AUTO INCREMENT column types) are
> completely missing in the other two that I now have to use. I can see
> this page being use very frequently by me.

The project I'm working on will be to insert data in SQL Server after it
is inserted in MySQL.  Basically I'm added data to another system for
tracking.

In MySQL I can do UNIX_TIMESTAMP(column) and get the epoch value.  is
there a FROM_UNIXTIME() equivalent in SQL Server so that when I insert
these times I don't have to do conversion from one format to another?

Chris