[ale] LUG at GT Meeting - 2010.10.06 - Video Encoding

Jerald Sheets questy at gmail.com
Tue Oct 5 08:38:30 EDT 2010

On Oct 4, 2010, at 10:41 PM, Tom Freeman wrote:

> You know - if a campus is a "couple miles" across, and the
> powers that be want people to access it, the powers that be
> really need to consider a jitney/shuttle bus/automated bumper car
> service for those with largish loads etc

There is a city bus service that congregates next to the center of campus.  You use that site to get off-campus out to your apartment/home/rock, whatever.

Those buses, as part of their entering/departing campus, will circle the center of the campus through the roadblocks (automated), but no regular student/faculty/tourist traffic is allowed there.  Not sure what they do for tailgating.  You used to not be able to find a square foot of space to do much of anything during games.  I've heard that's changed with some rules to keep the 200 year-old cypress/oak trees alive, but that's been since I left.

> . I really am all for
> people walking to and from, but after 20 minutes mechanical
> assistance is appreciated when in a hurry!

It's there, but the question is... if you have 10 minutes to get to class, can you do the 1.3 miles from the music building to the business building (C.E.B.A.) in the time necessary?

I always made sure to leave an hour between classes if at all possible.  That way, I could perform a "directed mosey" toward my next class and get there with plenty of time to spare.

--j