[ale] Comcast cable modem - incompatible?

jcpilman at gmail.com jcpilman at gmail.com
Tue Oct 5 08:38:19 EDT 2010

The four successive versions of the DOCSIS® cable modem: DOCSIS® 1.0,
DOCSIS® 1.1, DOCSIS® 2.0, and DOCSIS® 3.0, provide increasing levels of
capabilities and functionality, while maintaining multi-vendor
interoperability and full backward and forward compatibility of DOCSIS®.
http://www.cablelabs.com/cablemodem/primer/