[ale] LUG at GT Meeting - 2010.10.06 - Video Encoding

Tom Freeman tfreeman at intel.digichem.net
Tue Oct 5 08:20:46 EDT 2010

On Tue, 5 Oct 2010, Paul Cartwright wrote:

> On Mon October 4 2010, Tom Freeman wrote:
>> At least Tech is within a city. I know of a suburban campus where the
>> faculty get a discount to $700 or so to get a campus parking sticker.
>> No idea what the student's get. Of course there is bus service, two
>> of them if I'm not mistaken, once an hour each. Visiter parking
>> seems to run me about $4 every time I make the error of going onto
>> campus.
>
> if it makes you feel any better, my wife works at UGA, and they have to pay
> $300 a year to park in a lot that is 2 blocks away from work, OR park in a
> lot & take a bus in with the students. I can't even go visit for lunch
> without paying $3 to park.

I went to UGA in the late '70s. At least the university laid on shuttle
busses even then, and even for the students. For me, it was parking in a
field that was formerly for the chicken coops. A really _nasty_ place to
fall down in during the rain. (Well, that and the football program taking
precidence over _my_ chemistry studies - stay the heck away from the
chemistry building during a football Saturday, 'cause it's not healthy.)

I must be getting old. I keep wanting to yell at people to stay off my
lawn - even if they aren't on it.

YMMV of course