[ale] OT- Re: Cd-r life

Paul Cartwright ale at pcartwright.com
Mon Oct 4 15:22:41 EDT 2010

On Mon October 4 2010, Chris Fowler wrote:
> Crap,  are you tell me those quarter-inch carts I have in the attic that
> have been there for over 12yrs are worthless?

way, WAY back in the day, I used to have a reel-to-reel tape deck. My uncle
gave me a box of his tapes, to convert to cassette ( ok, this was back in the
80's..). The tapes where way older, from the 60's.. When I got them out of
the box, the tapes were all red, and when I tried to play them, the tape
literally slipped off the drive belt, the rust oxidation was complete...

--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800