[ale] LUG at GT Meeting - 2010.10.06 - Video Encoding

Ryan Curtin ryan at igglybob.com
Mon Oct 4 12:09:08 EDT 2010

The Linux Users Group at Georgia Tech presents

"Video Encoding"
  by Evan McClain

Oct. 6th, 2010, 7:00 PM
Klaus Advanced Computing Building, room 2456

Overview:

  Video encoding on Linux and the state of free video encoding libraries
has evolved over the past few years, mostly due to the adoption of h264
and specifically the x264 project.

  In this presentation we will go over the basics of encoding
progressive video using the x264 command line program. Both 1 and 2 pass
rate control methods will be discussed for variable framerate sources.

  We will also discuss how to include DVD chapter information as well as
subtitles in the final Matroska file.

Upcoming presentations and events:

  2010.10.13: The Fedora Build System
  2010.10.20: vim
  2010.10.30: Installfest 46

Hope to see you there!

--
Ryan Curtin       | "Kill them, Machine... kill them all."
ryan at igglybob.com |   - Dino Velvet