[ale] Perl 'Expect' timeout question

Mills John M-NPHW64 Jmills at motorola.com
Mon Oct 4 10:12:42 EDT 2010

ALErs -

I wrote a Perl script that uses net-SSH::Expect to connect with a remote target by SSH. I can establish the connection manually without any problem, but my scripts (which had been working) now fail with the message:
 "SSHAuthenticationError Login timed out" coming from ".../Expect.pm line 813". This line is in the function '_multi_expect($$@)' and the timeout is presumably passed when the function is called.

This response is almost immediate so I suspect that no useful timeout has been applied. Is there some way to force a reasonable timeout on ssh->login(), or some temporary file I may need to delete? (I rebooted both client and server without seeing any change in the behavior.) Any diagnostic suggestions?

I have seen this before as transient behavior but it seems persistent this time!

TIA.

 - Mills