[ale] Cd-r life

Richard Faulkner rfaulkner at 34thprs.org
Sat Oct 2 10:47:56 EDT 2010

...please excuse me as I'm not totally awake yet (up very late last
night playing code-monkey)...but I thought I'd clarify that my CD-R's
were all considered to be short-term solutions that had lasted far
longer than I expected.  They are stored indoors in controlled temps,
away from sunlight and babied as much as can be.  All the data is kept
in redundant HDD copies as well with a duplicate copy kept off-site.
Still, those old disks are holding-up but soon to be totally retired for
fresh remasters to good archival disks from HDD.    ---R