[ale] Streaming video for Linux?

Paul Cartwright ale at pcartwright.com
Tue Nov 30 17:56:14 EST 2010

On 11/30/2010 04:44 PM, George Carless wrote:
> Wiis are a lot of fun, but you could get a Roku box (which will happily
> play Netflix) for a lot less money, so if you just need it for video
> that's the route I'd recommend.

so ( as I'm sitting here with my Dish searching for a satellite:) what
does Roku do for you? can you get rid of something ( Dish?) to get a
Roku, or is it just another add-on... The Wii was something we have
wanted for a long time, the netflix is something I've thought about,
since I haven't had a blockbuster account in a year or so.. Right now, I
have a SLOW DSL line, which I could probably upgrade ($$$) to 6Mb (
Atnex.net does have 6MB, right?) so downloading movies or streaming
movies might be painful.. atnex 6Mb service is $49 per month, and I DO
pre-qualify:)

--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800