[ale] domain hosts

William Bagwell rb211 at tds.net
Mon Nov 29 18:26:34 EST 2010

On Monday 29 November 2010, Paul Cartwright wrote:
> ah, I remember looking at them before..
> so, they host your email? for your entire family? so you don't use
> webmail & leave the messages on the server??
> the bandwidth doesn't count email?

I have been with ASO for four years and have been quite pleased with them
over all. Not perfect by any means but honest and reliable. They do not
over sell space or bandwith so *almost* every thing else is truly
unlimited.

I never even come close to my monthly limits and could probably squeak by
with a tiny plan insted of the small I have. One hidden limit that you
would probably never hit hosting a few email addresses for your self and
family is the 1,000 per hour hard limit on sending email.

This can bite lists, even small ones, pretty quick. A 100 member list with
10 posts in one hour will hit the limit and lock. I helped a ~150 member
discusion list move from LSoft to Mailman last year. We ended up
splitting the list into two nested lists on separate accounts to get
around this limit.
--
William