[ale] faster linux

Paul Cartwright ale at pcartwright.com
Wed Nov 24 11:38:28 EST 2010

On 11/24/2010 11:15 AM, Greg Freemyer wrote:
> Do they have another kernel you can boot?
>
> > > Debian Lenny, no /dev/cgroup , no /sys/fs/cgroup
> > > commands don't work..

nothing newer.. I did see this:
http://blog.tigertech.net/posts/avoiding-a-linux-kernel-cgroup-bug/

However, CFS in Debian’s kernel 2.6.26 is more complicated, allowing new
ways of grouping tasks using something called group scheduling
<http://lwn.net/Articles/240474/> (aka cgroups). This system requires
processes to be manually assigned to a group. So we wrote a utility that
notices when new scripts are launched by the Apache Web server, for
example, and assigns that process to a group for the appropriate user.

I don't see a package to install..

--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800