[ale] temp mobile broadband option?

Preston Boyington preston.lists at gmail.com
Tue Nov 23 11:25:36 EST 2010

Richard Bronosky wrote:
> Who is your current mobile provider? What is your current device? I
> unofficially tether to my blackberry for free. It is the reason I
> haven't switched to Android. I was just shopping last night but I
> can't find a solution that isn't going to cost a lot more.

I use Verizon, but no data plan.  I use a Verizon Wireless G'zOne Type-S
in Black & Silver and am not aware of a tether feature.  I'll check the
boards and see what I can find.

Jim Kinney wrote:

 > um. make the visits to the disconnected family members short...  :-\

LOL!  that's the plan.

 > make a list of all known open access wireless POP's near the
 > disconnected family members (coffee shops, bookstores, libraries, etc)

~sigh~ unfortunately there isn't anything within 10 miles or so.  :-(

 > pay-as-you-go tether-able cell phone?

oh, now that's something I hadn't thought of.

 > My preferred option: get the disconnected visits scheduled back to
 > back and go "electronic commando" for a few days and see how your
 > stress level drops :-)

obviously you have a very different holiday experience than I typically
do.  :-D