[ale] CAC Smart cards or similiar for Linux

Mike Harrison cluon at geeklabs.com
Mon Nov 22 15:20:07 EST 2010

I trying to figure out how to use CAC (Common Access Control) or similiar
smart cards for an access control to a web system. There are some
MS-Specific solutions, but I'm looking for something that works well with
a Linux server and MS or Linux clients running FireFox.

Specifically, I'd love to find a "Package" of a few hundred "cards"
or "USB Tokens", a card/token creator/writer and the server side
components that all work together.

I'm trying to add a physical '3rd factor' to accessing a special web
application. We are already using client certs... but some people want
even more.  A USB Key or CAC card would be perfect.

Any clues, or are we in the famous: "built it from scratch yourself"
territory?