[ale] I'm confused

Michael Potter michael at potter.name
Fri Nov 19 21:19:28 EST 2010

I don't have a problem with Apple's extended warrantee.

My keyboard letters were rubbing off: they replaced the keyboard.
The dvd burner needed cleaning and they did not have a cleaning kit in
stock, so they replaced the drive so I would have not to wait.
The graphics chip fried on the mother board fried on a sunday morning
at 9am; I was at the store at 11am; I was out the door by 1pm with a
running laptop.

Some guy was there with a 7 year old computer; no warranty.  He said
some websites did not work on this computer.  It was because his
browser was too old.  They did a whip out and reinstall of a more
up-to-date operating system for him: no charge.

With the premium they charge they can afford to give better service.