[ale] thunderbird & junk mail

Paul Cartwright ale at pcartwright.com
Fri Nov 19 10:48:26 EST 2010

question. I use Thunderbird for email. I have fetchmail pull all email
into my local IMAP inbox folder. I have filters to move most emails
elsewhere, but normally, a few times a day, I end up with a few REAL
messages still in my inbox, and 10-20+ messages that have the
thunderbird JUNK icon on. If I click the junk icon OFF, then click it
again, the message then disappears, and I think it gets transferred to
the junk folder.
Why doesn't it go there without me doing anything?
if I right-click a message and try to add a filter, there isn't an
option for JUNK status, only X-SPAM-status.. when I view full-headers I see:

should I try to filter on one of these fields & put it in the junk
folder? other options?

--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800