[ale] ITT Tech Linux Event General schedule

wolf at wolfhalton.info wolf at wolfhalton.info
Sun Nov 14 12:23:42 EST 2010

We have never had a schedule before, but this quarter the powers that be
(and my own inattention) have led us to a situation where the rooms are
all let out to paying customers, i.e., students.  We will be having a
general meeting in the student lounge area, which means we are going to
have a lot more impact on the students who do not attend our event than
we usually have.  I am starting to work out a different place to hold
the ITT Linux-Fest, perhaps my old stomping grounds in Duluth, for next
quarter, but we are not going to change the venue for the event
happening on the 20th of this month - 6 days away.  Expect some chaos
this time.  We will not have access to a projector (or enough seating)
this time out.  Y'all have a high tolerance for chaos, so I think we
will have the same high-quality interaction that always happens.

The schedule:
from 9-1:30 - general congregation in the student lounge/LRC area.  I
will have a wireless router clean and available for the event.  There
are spaces for about 35 people to sit down, and there will be a general
new-student orientation going on around us.  This might be an excellent
time to show how fun the FOSS world can be, as these students are
probably almost unaware of open-source.
1:30 - 2:30 Pizza lunch provided by the school.  The quantity will be
governed by how many people are still around at noon.
2:30 - 5:00 We could take over a closed classroom if anybody wants to
have AV equipment for their presentation.
5:00 - 6:00 Clean-up

This is subject to change, but I hope it will be change that is fun and
enjoyable.

-Wolf

Wolf