[ale] [ALE-jobs] Opportunity for Windows Admin in PA/TN

arxaaron arxaaron at gmail.com
Thu Nov 11 11:05:30 EST 2010

Looking back to when Jim took the initiative to start the
jobs list and took on the task of moderating it,  he did
state his intent to post opportunities in the IT/Tech
sector even when Linux / Unix / FLOSS were not
integral parts of the job descriptions. Some discussion
along the lines of the current debate followed, but
there was no commitment to filter out "off topic" posts.

Though I stand by my convictions that posts to our jobs
list from outside companies, most especially recruiters,
should be limited to items with Linux & FLOSS relevance,
the ALE membership seems split on the issue.

In the end it's the call of whoever has taken on the
volunteer task of moderating the list. The current
moderator a fair minded but avid FLOSS evangelist,
so I doubt the ALE-jobs list will become a wasteland
dumping ground for windisease recruiters.  Hopefully
this ALE offering will remain a high gravity brew with
a distinctive character.

peace
aaron