[ale] Opportunity for Windows Admin in PA/TN

William Fragakis william at fragakis.com
Wed Nov 10 18:21:16 EST 2010

Jim,
I think you've used very sound reasoning. While some on the list may
have the options to live in a FOSS-only world, there are others who
don't. Like you, I was especially thinking of someone new to the list,
very interested in FOSS but who needed to pay the bills with previously
acquired skills.

You and others have also pointed out how a FOSS advocate in a
proprietary shop can effect change from within. When you are good at
your job, you gain credibility - your boss will be willing to listen to
your ideas where he/she would tend to overlook these same ideas from an
outside source.

Lastly, it's a compliment to this group: the recruiter is thinking that
there's a decent chance that someone with good FOSS skills also knows
their way around the Windows world. I'm not sure that the assumption the
other way would be as likely - Windows admins who know their way around
FOSS tools.

Keep up the good work.

William