[ale] RHEL Questions

Lightner, Jeff jlightner at water.com
Wed Nov 10 11:53:56 EST 2010

You can use route command (route add ....) to add routes on the fly on RHEL.   To setup static routes you create route-<device> files in /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts.   Since those are associated with specific devices (e.g. eth0, eth1 etc...) I don't know if those would start up if the device didn't.

I do know that eth0 needs to have the default route associated with it - trying to do otherwise caused me problems.