[ale] recovering a software raid setup

Greg Freemyer greg.freemyer at gmail.com
Wed Nov 3 15:25:13 EDT 2010

All,

I have a fedora box that quit booting in the middle of an upgrade.

fdisk -l shows the partition tables are still in tact, so I assume the
data is as well.

I'd like to mount a data filesystem and back it up prior to
proceeding, or even re-installing from scratch.

It's not a box I setup, but per my understanding:

Sda5 and sdb5 are MD5
Sdc3 and sdd3 are MD6

Md5 and md6 are stripped to md10 /opt/ie

I tried "dmraid -ay" from a rescue DVD and it says there are no raid
arrays which is strange.

Can anyone help me out?  Or point me at a good rescue website?

Thanks
Greg