[ale] VOTING ALERT: Protect Your Freedom to Work!

Mark Wright m.perry.wright at gmail.com
Tue Nov 2 10:21:18 EDT 2010

Hi All,

I am used to Aaron's ranting.

I'm am writing for two reasons.  1.  Aaron you did not give one
reason to vote against the amendment.  You said it was bad and that
it was a plot of evil republicans that we all know hate us all and
want to kill our babies but why is this a bad amendment?

2.  I think it may be a good thing.  This amendment fixes a problem
that the government has encountered doing business.   It may sound
like they just want the power to over pay companies owned by
relatives but that really is pretty hard to get away with unless you
are the mayor.  What they want is the freedom to continue to do
business with companies that are giving us good service. This
amendment will allow the government to do business with companies
that have non compete clauses in their contracts.
"Businesses desire non compete clauses in contracts to guarantee that
former employees, and business associates with specialized knowledge
of trade secrets are not able to leave and create their own companies
using their intellectual property.  This proposal gives a judge the
unilateral ability to “blue-pencil” or limit the duration, geographic
area and scope of prohibited activities provided in a contract or
agreement restricting or regulating competitive activities."
It does not limit other oversight.

Mark Wright

m.perry.wright at gmail.com