[ale] [OT] Upgrade G4 Mini to OS X 10.5?

arxaaron arxaaron at gmail.com
Mon Nov 1 13:56:35 EDT 2010

On 2010/11/01, at 12:44 , Joe Knapka wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> My ex-wife has a G4 Mac Mini that refuses to work with her new iPod
> until it's upgraded to OSX 10.5.  Is it even possible to do this?
> Apple doesn't seem to provide 10.5 for G4 machines, unless (as is
> likely) I'm missing something obvious.  I also tried torrenting a
> "Universal" 10.5 installation DVD, but it wouldn't boot on her
> machine.
>
> Any advice appreciated.
>
> -- JK

Upgrading to 10.5 is indeed doable. As noted by Richard, though,
it is sadly the last release version of OSeX that will support PPC.

I just inherited my partner's PPC Mac Mini when she upgraded
to an new intel mini and  I did the update to 10.5 without problems.
Only difficulty was acquiring the disk, so  I can work with you off
list for assistance with obtaining the media.

peace
aaron