[ale] Forcing RW on boot

Chris Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Tue Mar 30 12:57:14 EDT 2010

I've dealing with a server that has been hacked and mount is corrupted.
I can not remount root as rw so what I'm trying to do is pass command
line arguments to the kernel via grub to do it.  I've specified 'rw' but
it is still ro and I'm passing init=/bin/sh.  My goal is to upload
pieces off a CentOS 5.4 install image to boot into a serial mode so that
I can reload the box over the Internet.

Now I have the customer trying to burn a small serial boot image to a
CD.

Chris