[ale] NV drivers (formerly "no subject")

Richard Faulkner rfaulkner at 34thprs.org
Fri Mar 26 00:14:42 EDT 2010

Your point is a good one regarding open-source vs. restricted drivers.
To that end I did try an upgrade to 10.04 but didn't have any luck
there.  I had hoped the new NV drivers would help but that was not the
case.  Same issue...

At least I got to see what the process was like in doing an upgrade of a
build.  Not terribly different from watching grass grow.  (I wasn't
happy with that old build anyway so trashing it was nothing to me...)

Still...I'd like to see about getting by this issue if for nothing else
to say that I've done it.  Learning curve...

Will be hitting the web on this one some more tomorrow as I'm working
another issue regarding CentOS Live CD on this same box as
well...(posting on that too)