[ale] OT: Security code on Credit/Debit cards revisited

Scott Castaline skotchman at gmail.com
Tue Mar 23 22:33:32 EDT 2010

On 03/23/2010 05:56 PM, Michael B. Trausch wrote:
> On 03/23/2010 05:20 PM, Greg Clifton wrote:
>> Don't be too harsh, (somebody might think you're an ass) if you read the
>> earlier thread you'll have a better appreciation of the situation. BTW,
>> there were neither Credit Cards nor Debit Cards in 1910. The point is
>> NEVER use a debit card for an online purchase unless you for some reason
>> want your bank account cleaned out and have a few months to fight with
>> the bank to get your $ back. Scott was just updating us on the fact that
>> he has been notified as to where the compromise of his account originated.
>
> Hey, I am an ass.  :-)
>
> But I was referring, as my contextualized quote indicated, to the rather
> alarmingly racist remark.
>
> 	--- Mike

Well actually this is the 2nd time in less than a year it has happened
to me. Recently the first one was traced to a certain type of restaurant
and there were 5 separate attempts to purchase items in 5 different
cities in Mexico at the same time which is why the bank's contracted
security authorization company declined them as I had just used my card
10 minutes earlier in Lawrenceville. Make note I am not racist just
stating the facts as presented to me