[ale] OT: Security code on Credit/Debit cards revisited

Michael B. Trausch mike at trausch.us
Tue Mar 23 21:19:51 EDT 2010

On 03/23/2010 07:31 PM, Geoffrey wrote:
> Not to pick nits, but the comment didn't really indicate racism.
> Technically, racism is the belief that one race is superior to another.
>    His comment did not indicate any such thing, just a belief that a
> particular race might be more dishonest then others.  That may well be
> backed up with fact we are unaware.  Just the same, you might call his
> comment prejudicial, but certainly not racist.

This is completely self-contradicting.

The statements, "... racism is the belief that one race is superior to
another.", and "... a belief that a particular race might be more
dishonest than others." can only be *non*-contradictory if honesty is
not a measure of the quality of an individual's character.  Furthermore,
physical attributes of race have very little to do with a person's
honesty, or charisma, or any such other behavioral attribute.  Such
attributes come from individual people's experiences, upbringing,
economical standings throughout life, and other factors, but certainly
not their country of origin in this or any previous generation.

Is that the sort of thing that this group tolerates?  If so, that is
rather infuriating and saddening.

	--- Mike

--
Michael B. Trausch                                    ☎ (404) 492-6475