[ale] Potentially OT of Hiacked Web Server?

Greg Clifton gccfof5 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 23 16:18:48 EDT 2010

This is one for you security gurus. Mike, I know you're listening...
Something is rotten in Denmark, or in this case Duluth.
We at CCSI are preparing to launch our first e commerce site, and yesterday
when I logged into the control panel of the e commerce software, our Trend
Micro security agent wasn't happy, it blocks the site with the following
URL, which is nothing like where I intend to go:

Trend Security Agent Notification Message:
http://ovh-net.ucoz.ru.monster-com.yourblenderparts.ru:8080/mininova.org/mininova.orh/hp.com/google.com/w3schools.com.php
 Result = Blocked

So it would appear that the Rushkies have hijacked our control panel,
correct?
Yes, this IS Windows based software. Any suggestions, other than dumping the
software--sorry, but the boss won't want to hear that.

Thanks,
GC