[ale] database connections and presenting data on the web

Geoffrey lists at serioustechnology.com
Thu Mar 18 09:20:03 EDT 2010

We are trying to determine the best solution for a web based
application. We have 13 postgresql databases (separate postmaster for
each database) that we need to retrieve data from in order to produce
the web page.  This data is changing on a regular basis.  Question is:

1. Do we:

     for database in 1-13;do
         connect database
         retrieve data
         disconnect database
     done
     display data

2. Or, do we have a common table for all databases that a daemon keeps
updated and simply pull the data from that table?

The data that's being retrieved is changing literally by the minute.

The cgi code is perl.

--
Until later, Geoffrey

the pretense of taking care of them."