[ale] How to debug a program that just goes away

Jim Lynch ale_nospam at fayettedigital.com
Mon Mar 1 11:50:10 EST 2010

Jim Lynch wrote:

> I sometimes really hate computers.  ;)
>
> Thanks,
> Jim.

My bad.  I just realized that the program was not hung.  I was tailing
the log file but the log had rotated.  Since I was not seeing any
activity, I assumed... well you know the rest of the story.

I have no idea what made it work (I'll just say worked longer for now)
but it is behaving somewhat better than before.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

OT I was sorting through my old floppies over the weekend, and came
across a pair of root/boot disks for kernel version 1.2.13-6, Debian
0.93R6 dated 5 Nov 1995.  Wonder if they'll boot on anything?

Jim.