[ale] Trying to Install a Realtek NIC Driver on Fedora 13

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Wed Jun 30 08:56:04 EDT 2010

On Wed, Jun 30, 2010 at 7:29 AM, Marc Ferguson <marcferguson at gmail.com>wrote:

> Thanks fellas for the excellent suggestions. It's funny that "kernel-devel"
> and "gcc" don't come preinstalled in the Live version. It probably would
> have made this process a whole lot easier. Since I am working offline I'll
> try and get the RPMs onto a USB key. My other box is Windows.
>
> No need for devel or gcc on a live CD. Limited space makes for a limited
install. Live CD's usually don't provide development tools. The Fedora live
CD is specifically for showcasing the user environment.

James P. Kinney III
Doing pretty well on all 3 pursuits

 Faith is a cop-out. If the only way you can accept an assertion is by
faith, then you are conceding that it can’t be taken on its own merits.
   Dan Barker, "Losing Faith in Faith", 1992