[ale] GO Windows!!! ;-)

Lightner, Jeff jlightner at water.com
Tue Jun 29 09:37:54 EDT 2010

No - every once in a while one of our government job folks will show
some similar bit of brilliance - like a 911 operator arguing with a
person reporting a heart attack because she doesn't like their tone of
voice.

This discussion about proper English reminds me of the time I was in a
convenience store in Houston.   The young lady behind me in line on
hearing me speak to the clerk asked "Are you English?"   I had to bite
my tongue to keep from saying: "No, I simply speak it properly."  Having
lived in various states has given me a somewhat unique accent.  Most
people from the South can tell I haven't lived here all my life but
anywhere outside the South they immediately identify my accent as
"Southern".   Despite all that there is no way I can imagine anyone
hearing it as an "English accent".