[ale] System behavior on embedded links

Scott Castaline skotchman at gmail.com
Wed Jun 16 13:43:38 EDT 2010

What function or configuration parameter dictates the systems behavior
when you click on an embedded web page link in an email message. I'm
trying to get back a behavior where when I click on a link in an email
that points to say www.ale.org it causes Firefox to open with that tab
active. Right now it'll stay minimized with Thunderbird still the focus
and the tab for FF will be flashing. I have to click on it to change the
focus to FF. The link will open a new tab but does not change the system
focus. I have searched through both apps preferences as well as their
advanced config files and cannot see anything obvious that would seem to
do this.
I currently have Fedora 13, Firefox 3.6.3, Thunderbird 3.0.4 and Gnome
for my desktop. Under Fedora 12 when I clicked on such link it would
cause the Firefox window to pop up and a new tab opened with the
requested site or launch Firefox if not already running. That is what I
want to happen now. Sorry for being long winded, but I'm not sure how
else to describe what I wanted.

TIA
Scott C.