[ale] Preferred mail client?

Damon L. Chesser damon at damtek.com
Sat Jun 12 18:03:54 EDT 2010

I use Evolution but I really like claws-mail (slypheed?).  Then why do I
use Evolution:  The simple inability to forward or replay with html
mail.  If this is a feature you need, then don't use claws, otherwise, I
enthusiastically endorse it.  It is much faster then evolution in
filtering and such things.  Almost transparent.  Quite a bit of add-ons
to give you functionality such as view html mail, spam filtering,
calendars, etc, etc.  You can see html mail, you just can't forwarded or
send it.  Think clueless business owners/employees  embedding links/html
docs you need to pass on or respond to.

Kmail is very good.  You can run kmail and the entire kmail suite in
gnome (I used to).

Thunderbird is ok.

Claws will never support sending html mail.  If you need that, don't use
claws.