[ale] OT: BSOD

Michael B. Trausch mike at trausch.us
Fri Jun 11 11:38:12 EDT 2010

On Fri, 2010-06-11 at 08:29 -0700, C Hendry wrote:
> What puzzles me is that if the problem is the HD or what is on or not
> on the HD,
>
> then why when booting from a Windows CD, do I get a BSOD even when I
> totally unplug the HD from the system (both the Power and Data
> cable)?

Sounds like you need to use the F6 additional driver option on the
Windows installer CD so that it can find the CD-ROM.  You must have a
system that is highly unique, or uses SATA for the CD/DVD drive or
something---regardless, Windows doesn't have a driver for it, and it
sounds to me like you need a driver floppy for the CD.

	--- Mike