[ale] tty1 vs tty2,3,4,etc

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Tue Jun 8 11:29:40 EDT 2010

yeah. That's what I'm thinking. So a command to kill all procs on tty1 would
be bad.

I'll need to find a way to make init disassociate from tty1 OR set tty1 to
never allow a login prompt, just a message.

On Tue, Jun 8, 2010 at 11:04 AM, Chris Fowler
<cfowler at outpostsentinel.com>wrote:

> On Tue, 8 Jun 2010 10:34:30 -0400
> Jim Kinney <jim.kinney at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > Is init hard bound to tty1?
> >

> Init's controlling tty is most likely tty1.

James P. Kinney III
Doing pretty well on all 3 pursuits

 Faith is a cop-out. If the only way you can accept an assertion is by
faith, then you are conceding that it can’t be taken on its own merits.
   Dan Barker, "Losing Faith in Faith", 1992