[ale] BP knew of problems 11 months before the rig blew -further OT

Lightner, Jeff jlightner at water.com
Fri Jun 4 12:16:15 EDT 2010

Once upon a time I worked a night shift at a hotel.  There were 3-4 of
us doing both daily revenue accounting and covering the front desk.
Usually at start of shift (11 PM) one person would go out to the front
and the rest would work in the back.  The first thing the guy out front
did on coming on shift was bring a pot of coffee back to the office so
we could all share it.  Fairly often my addiction led me to finish it
off before he had time to come back for a cup.

One night he came in with the pot and handed it to me with a straw in
it.  :-)